● TEKA is one of Colombia’s leading private equity firms with an outstanding history and track record of investing in mid-market companies in the South America’s Andean Region
● Between 2001 and 2008, TEKA’s two founding partners, Diego Córdoba and Juan Antonio Pungiluppi, successfully managed and turned-around a portfolio of 15 companies within the Valorem Group, one of Colombia’s largest holding companies owned by the Santo Domingo family
● They then established TEKA and raised a first private equity fund in 2011, employing the same hands-on investment approach, bringing fundamental change to portfolio companies
● TEKA invests in family and entrepeneur businesses TEKA invests in family and entrepreneur businesses that can take advantage of growth opportunities in the region
● Including Valorem, TEKA’s team has managed more than 22 companies with a value of over 3.2 Bn
● TEKA has an advisory council that is composed of leading industrial and financial families throughout the region
● As of today, TEKA holds seven companies in different industries such as clothing, hotels, health services, fitness, mattresses and cosmetics
TEKA is a founding member of the Asociación Colombiana de Fondos de Capital Privado’s (ColCapital) board of directors. This board was established in 2012 with the purpose of promoting the development of the private equity fund industry in Colombia.
Additionally, TEKA is a member of the Asociación de Capital Privado de Mecados Emergentes (EMPEA). This association was founded in 2004 with the mission of advocating an informed industry and therefore allowing the increase in return on investments through sustainable growth.
Moreover, TEKA is a member of the Latin American Association of Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds (LAVCA), founded in 2002 to support the growth of this industry in the region.
Finally, TEKA participates in the Bancoldex Capital program, started in 2009 by the Commerce, Industry and Tourism Ministry with the objective of promoting and developing the private equity and venture capital fund industry in Colombia.